Customer Service Representative (CSR)
The customer service representative is responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as communicating effectively with customers, pilots, and team members within the customer service department.
To provide superior service to customers which exceeds their expectations and establishes Hartford Jet Center as the FBO of choice through great service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for reading, understanding and assisting in keeping Master Manual current.
- Always greeting customers in a friendly and professional manner as though they are your guests, making eye contact the instant they walk into the terminal or approach the front desk.
- Answering telephone calls in a professional manner and thinking ahead of customers’ needs. Knowing how to page, transfer, and receive numerous calls at one time. Know by reference the teammates in the other departments.
- Receiving fuel requests via phone, front desk, or ARINC. Processing tickets completely and calling orders to line service in a timely manner monitoring the progress of the fueling.
- Understand our fuel ticket procedure and the use of them, including the way we want a customer entered into the computer and how to fill out a fuel ticket completely.
- Assisting customers with hotel reservations, catering, rental cars, and aircraft detailing, and processing paper work.
- Be sure that catering is ordered and delivered with plenty of time to spare. Also, that the quality and quantity is acceptable. Confirm quantity and accuracy of order prior to signing for it.
- Assisting customers with ground transportation (rental car, taxi, and limo etc.).
- Use courtesy car to transport customers to/from local hotel.
- Rental Cars: Have cars ready before the customer arrives. Be able to open and close contracts accurately. Monitor reservations daily and notify rental car service of requests.
- Assist customers with our phone system, phone calls, faxes, internet, flight planning, and weather computers.
- Monitor ARINC 129.6 and the inter-company radio and be proficient with how to use both of them.
- Maintain lobby in a neat and orderly fashion, prepare coffee and monitor the coffee supplies. Ensure magazines and newspapers are always neat.
- Be a source of information including giving accurate directions to local restaurants, hotels, and tourist attractions.
- Monitor the use of the courtesy vehicles. Log these vehicles in and out or be sure to know who has them.
- Assist in tracking aircraft for marketing reasons.
- Become familiar with all taxes applicable to the sale of fuel and showcase items.
- Assist in monitoring hotel rates to ensure the best rates available and be knowledgeable on availability during special events.
- Understand the Hangar Inventory Sheets and be able to direct a customer to where their aircraft is stored.
- Process internal invoices and collect payments for services rendered.
- Mail “Thank You” or “Hello” cards to customers on a weekly basis when you meet them for the first time, they’ve purchased a new aircraft, etc. Mail a minimum of five thank you cards per month to customers thanking them for their business. Always send to new customers and randomly send to repeat customers reminding them that we appreciate their business.
- Have a complete working knowledge of the credit cards we accept, including the various service charge rates, the various vouchers, procedures, and machines. Also, how to get authorizations for each type of card. Knowledge of how each credit card is processed in the invoice screen.
- Promote all departments to customers when possible.
- Correctly enter new customers in the database with complete and accurate information and consistently updating existing records.
- Inform department manager of customer issues, problems or complaints as they are related to any area of Hartford Jet Center.
- Monitor customer messages, mail and mailboxes to be certain the messages are delivered.
- Never leave confidential information out at the front desk, copier, or fax machine. Customer information such as fuel pricing, addresses, phone numbers, etc., are to remain confidential to the particular customer.
- Use the correct opening and closing procedures for every shift, inclusive of the checklist.
- You must maintain a close working relationship with the line personnel and line manager to ensure efficiency between the front desk and line service to best serve our customers.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Promote Avtrip program and other specials that our fuel supplier or credit card companies may embark upon.
- Be observant and report any suspicious actions or potential problems that you see on HJC’s property.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Conform to all safety and etiquette rules.
- Be able to lift up to 30lbs, with the ability to bend, twist and squat while performing job duties.
- To be fully proficient in this position, teammates must possess or acquire the following through on-the-job training.
- A complete understanding of the Front Desk Master Manual
- A thorough knowledge of Hartford Jet Center’s customers.
- Hartford Jet Center’s vendors, the Northeast area, attractions, restaurants and any other services the customers may require.
- Working knowledge of the weather computer and how to help a pilot obtain weather and to file a flight plan.
- A complete knowledge of Hartford-Brainard Airport, including the location of hangars, tie downs, fuel farm, tower, and all other business located on the field.
- Knowledge of basic ground control operations.
- A thorough knowledge of teammate schedule, vacation times, sick, etc.
- A thorough knowledge of Total FBO, Flight Explorer, Amstat and Flight Aware.
- A thorough knowledge of different types of aircraft.
- A thorough knowledge of Rental Car procedures, rules, rates and computer system.
- A thorough knowledge of the credit cards we accept, including the various service charge rates, the various vouchers, procedures and machines – including nightly close outs.
- Know how to get authorizations for each type of credit card.
- Know how each credit card is processed in the invoice screen.
- A strong knowledge of hotels, catering and rental car personnel.
- A knowledge of Airport Authority and security procedures.
- A strong knowledge of the departments within the company, their location, function and their personnel.
- A thorough knowledge of the telephone system and how to transfer calls, utilize voice mail, paging customers, etc.
- Know how to use the two way and ground to air radios.
- Knowledge of the accident and emergency procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of company mission, vision, and values.
- Knowledge of responsibility for facility and aircraft security and all aspects of safety.
- Knowledge of the location of office supplies, blank forms, cleaning supplies, vacuum cleaners, garbage bags, keys, and other supplies.
Requires a high school diploma or the equivalent and a minimum of two-year customer service experience. Also requires a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the teammate(s) incumbent in this position. Teammate(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible motivation to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will process the abilities and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of him or her or other teammate(s). Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.